Pared back simplicity
Our highly engaged client – one of the participants in our very first community workshops on how to build an affordable, energy efficient house – was familiar with the idea of exploring ‘what is a home’ and keen to create a high degree of comfort from pared back essentials to simplify life in retirement.
Sited on a previously under-used section of garden at the rear of the block, the house is positioned for optimal northern orientation and to provide a sense of privacy from the main home.
The generous living room with study faces north and overlooks the garden; double glazed windows are positioned to capture winter sun and frame bushland views; and the two bedroom / two bathroom floor plan easily accommodates regular visitors from interstate.
- 2 bedrooms, 1 living area, 2 bathrooms (House floor area 110m2)
- 1556m2 sloping site with orientation of north to the side
- Single carport
- Second self-sufficient dwelling connected to existing house
- Customised joinergy including robes, kitchen and study space
- Floor finishes include; timber and tiles
- Northern facing deck connected to the main living space
- Tailored to the site and designed to our client’s brief and budget