Orientation and insulation are integral to the energy performance of this spacious family home, which enjoys views from the upper level balconies to the Yarralumla Brickworks and Black Mountain Tower.
The floorplan provides for shared spaces for family living, including an upstairs study and TV room, as well as separate zones for the parents and their teenage children.
Laser cut metal screens shield bedrooms from the western sun while living areas open to the north with large bi-fold doors. All windows are double-glazed and have PVC plastic frames; hydronic heating is used throughout, and two underground water tanks collect rainwater.
- 4 bedrooms, 3 living areas, 3 bathrooms (House floor area 257m2)
- 727m2 sloping site with orientation of north to the back
- Double garage
- Two storey home with separate study, craft room and cellar.
- Customised joinery including robes, study and window seats
- Floor finishes include; timber, tiles and carpet
- Northern facing vergola entertainment area with louvred roof system
- Two balconies to the second storey living spaces optimise surrounding views
- Tailored to the site and designed to our client’s brief and budget